18 Sept 2019, 7:00 pm
33號, 33 Des Voeux Rd Central, 33號, 33 Des Voeux Rd Central, Central, Hong Kong
ST PATRICK'S SOCIETY AGM.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that the 85th Annual General Meeting of the St. Patrick’s Society of Hong Kong Ltd. will be held at 7.00pm on Wednesday 18th SEPTEMBER 2019, at:
The Irish Consulate.
20/F, 33 Des Voeux Rd,
For the purpose of conducting the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of the 84th Annual General Meeting held Thursday, 20th September 2018.
2. To consider, and if approved, to adopt the Report of the Committee, the Report of the Auditors and the audited accounts for the period ended March 31st 2019.
3. To elect the General Committee for the year 2019/2020.
4. To announce the President for the year 2019/2020.
5. To appoint the Auditors for the year 2019/2020.
6. To discuss any other business properly arising.
BY ORDER OF THE COMMITTEE.
A member of the Society is entitled to attend and vote at the meeting or entitled to appoint a proxy to vote in his/her stead. A proxy need not be a member of the Society. A form of proxy is available to download from the St. Patrick’s Society website.
For a list of nominees to the General Committee please see below.
Any member of the Society who wishes to see a copy of the accounts prior to the AGM should contact Noel Smyth (Treasurer).
NOMINATION OF CANDIDATES FOR ELECTION TO THE GENERAL COMMITTEE OF THE SOCIETY FOR THE YEAR 2019/2020.
No other person (s), offered themselves for election (Please note that other nominations are still being accepted, and may be announced at the AGM).
The following nomination/appointment has been received from the Committee:
President: Ms. Marilouise Hughes
Proposed by Mr. Graeme Martin
Seconded by Ms. Bridget Mullane
Article 33 of the Society’s Articles of Association provides that no person shall be eligible for election to the General Committee at any general meeting, unless he or some other member intending to propose him, has at least fourteen clear days before such meeting, left at the office of the Society, a notice in writing signifying his candidature for the office or the intention of such member to propose him.
Note: For the purpose of this notification the “office” of the Society is the address:
The Spire at the Arcade,