ST PATRICK'S SOCIETY AGM.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that the 86th Annual General Meeting of the St. Patrick’s
Society of Hong Kong Ltd. (the "Society") will be held at 7.00pm on Tuesday 29th SEPTEMBER 2020, at:
The Irish Consulate.
33 Des Voeux Rd,
for the purpose of conducting the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of the 85th Annual General Meeting held on Wednesday, 18th SEPTEMBER 2019.
2. To consider, and if approved, to adopt the Report of the Committee, the Report of the Auditors and the audited accounts for the period ended March 31st 2020.
3. To vote on the SPECIAL RESOLUTION that the draft Articles of Association set out here be adopted as the Articles of Association of the Society in place of the existing Memorandum and Articles of Association (further details on those proposed amendments are set out below).
4. To elect the General Committee/appoint the Board of Directors for the year 2020/2021 (with the proposed General Committee members to serve as Directors of the Society).
5. To announce the President for the year 2020/2021.
6. To appoint the Auditors for the year 2020/2021.
7. To discuss any other business properly arising.
BY ORDER OF THE COMMITTEE/BOARD OF DIRECTORS.
(1) A member of the Society is entitled to attend and vote at the meeting or entitled to appoint a proxy to vote in his/her stead. A proxy need not be a member of the Society. A form of proxy is available to download here
(2) For a list of nominees to the General Committee/Board of Directors please see
(3) Any member of the Society who wishes to see a copy of the accounts prior to the AGM should contact Declan Doran at email@example.com.
(4) The proposed replacement of the Society's Memorandum and Articles of Association with the draft Articles of Association, a link to which is included with this Notice, serves the following functions:
i. to regularise the Society's constitution in line with the requirements of the
ii. to make provision for a reserve of [HK$100] for each member reduce the liability of members from HK$100 to HK$10 in the event of the winding up of the Society and to make provision for a reserve of HK$10 for every member, which will be funded
from existing funds of the Society for existing members and from membership fees paid by new members going forward;
iii. to make provision for virtual and hybrid meetings (part in person part virtual attendance) for general meetings of members and meetings of directors and the conduct of such meetings;
iv. to reduce the quorum requirements for general meetings to 10; and
v. to provide that all those serving on what is currently the General Committee of the Society are appointed as directors of the Society going forward.
(5) A special resolution in support of such amendments is required which amounts to thesupport of at least 75% of those attending the AGM in person or by proxy.
NOMINATION OF CANDIDATES FOR ELECTION TO THE GENERAL COMMITTEE
OF THE SOCIETY/BOARD OF DIRECTORS FOR THE YEAR 2020/2021.
Ms Lucy Bans
Mr Stephen Browne
Mr Declan Doran
Ms Aisling Dwyer
Ms Marilouise Hughes
Mr Peter Maxwell
Ms Anne-Marie Murphy
Mr Cathal O' Domhnalláin
Ms Hilary Rowe
All of the above persons have consented to act as director if so appointed. No otherperson (s), offered themselves for election (Please note that other nominations are still being accepted, and may be announced at the AGM). Article 33 of the Society’s current Articles of Association provides that no person shall be eligible for election to the General Committee at any general meeting, unless he or some other member intending to propose him, has at least fourteen clear days before such meeting, left at the office of the Society, a notice in writing signifying his candidature for the office or the intention of such member to propose him. For the purpose of this notification the “office” of the Society is the address:
The Spire at the Arcade,
NOMINATION FOR PRESIDENT OF THE SOCIETY
The following nomination/appointment has been received from the Committee/Board of
President: Ms Marilouise Hughes
Proposed by Mr Graeme Martin
Seconded by Ms Aisling Dwyer